Friday 2 May 2014

NYX Butter Lipsticks

I had a little bit of lipstick mania hit me in the last month. I've never been much of a wearer but lately I've been wanting to try every colour I can get my hands on. I've been making up on lost time by splurging on a variety of colours and brands. As well as the Revlon Colourburst Matte Balms (check out my review and swatches) I brought my first MAC lipsticks, Chi Chi Liquid matte lipsticks, Australis lipstick and a heap of Chi Chi lip liners. My partner thinks I'm crazy. I have to say, it's a lot within a month!

Besides all that! My biggest haul was of the NYX Butter Lipsticks. I brought 9 shades from Urban Outfitters for USD$6. They provide free delivery to NZ if you spend over $50.

Pops, Taffy, Sweet Tart, Little Susie, Razzle, Hot Tamale, Juju, Mary Jane, Hunk.


These lipsticks are super buttery and creamy. Very pigmented and for the price well worth it in my opinion. They do not last through eating and have average lasting power but I keep in mind the price. You can only expect so much. They do last longer then the NYX round lipsticks by far. 

But without further ado, here is my attempt at switching my 9 shades! Please take into account, I sat down and did them all in one go, the application could be a lot tidier and the darker shades really do need lip liner (hence the big haul of before mentioned lip liners!) Also I don't own a decent camera *sadface* 

From lightest to darkest:

Pops (BLS17)
Pops is a nudey brown pink, which is my perfect kind of nude shade for myself. It is nicely pigmented.

Taffy (BLS14)
Taffy is a light pink, it has, in my opinion, the worst formula out of all the ones I chose. It isn't as pigmented or smooth. I was disappointed. It is still nice if built up.

Sweet Tart (BLS02)
Sweet Tart is a darker pink, it's like it's name and is very much a sweet pink. Nice pigmentation.

Little Susie (BLS12)
Little Susie is very very similar to Sweet Tart. On me I can't detect a difference. Swatched on my hand, Little Susie is a touch darker then Sweet Tart. Very pretty but unnecessary to have both shades! I would prefer this one though if I had to choose. Nicely pigmented.

Razzle (BLS01)
Razzle is a hot fuchsia pink! Love the name, it's perfect for it! Beautifully pigmented. 


Hot Tamale (BLS10)
Hot Tamale  is a bright, in your face, orange. Think Morange from MAC. Not for the faint hearted, this is SUPER pigmented! Very creamy, you need a lip liner for this baby.

Juju (BLS15)
Juju is a soft red, you will need a lip liner as this will slide as it's so creamy. It's pigmented but is slightly more sheer then the others. I think its coming across darker as i built it up.

Mary Jane (BLS08)
Mary Jane is a darker red then Juju, they look similar in photos but Mary Jane is more of a true red. Really pigmented, lip liner will be needed.

Hunk (BLS05)
Hunk is a purple, I thought it would come across more purple but is still really nice and wearable. Not as pigmented as Mary Jane, but is buildable. 

Overall I'm happy with these and think its fun trying so many colours! I found it hard to narrow it down to 9 shades as there are about 23 available. Except for the lighter shades they all looked very wearable and flattering to a lot of skin tones. 

Hope you are all having a great day :)
Cat










1 comment:

  1. hi,, thanks for reviewing this as I am eye-ing for mary jane at the moment. you look prettiest in Razzle! :)

    http://gleamingdiamante.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete