Friday 2 May 2014

Makeup Geek Eyeshdows (cont.)

Heres another MUG swatch/review!



I am loving my Makeup Geek shadows so much I didn't wait long before making another order! You can see my first swatch/review here. I have found them to be fantastic shadows, they don't crease, which is a first for me, and they last all day even without a primer. I don't get fall out and they blend beautifully. I really can not fault them aside from just the odd matte shade not quite being up to the standard of the others, but they are still not bad. 

I noticed this time when I ordered I got an email sooner to say it was shipped. Which made my order arrive a lot sooner. I received this within 2 weeks, not 3-4 weeks like the first order! Took them about 5 days to send out the first time. Whereas this time it was shipped within 3 days.

While still impressed with the shadows I did get a few more mattes which I do find are a bit harder to work with compared to the super buttery feel of the shimmery shades. Which is typical isn't it? There are also two shades, Vanilla Bean and Beaches & Cream, that didn't swatch well due to my skin tone being so similar. Please excuse the lighting, I was trying to get these swatches in the last of the afternoon light. 


Gold Digger is a beautiful bright gold. 

Cosmopolitan is super pigmented! 

Bling is beautiful, a light champagne shimmer. A new fav!

White Lies is a matte white, not quite up to scratch IMO. Was hopeful as the white shimmery shade 'Ice Queen' isn't super flash either :(

Beaches & Cream is a skin tone matte, great for a base.

Vanilla Bean is a light vanilla matte shade. Great for an inner eye highlight.

Preppy is an interesting khaki brown matte. Not sure if this suits me yet!

Unexpected is a matte purplish colour, very pretty and pigmented for a matte.

Sensuous is a shimmery dark purplish colour. Very pigmented and pretty. Swatch is portraying it well enough :(

Last Dance is a shimmery purplish brown, very pigmented. 

Wisteria is a light matte purple. Needs to be a touch more pigmented unfortunately. I had high hopes for it. I think it needs to be more buttery, like the shimmery shades. 

Appletini, my odd ball pop of colour! This shade caught my eye, very pretty light green.

So my Z palette is nearly full! I'm really enjoying playing with all the different shades, there are endless looks that can be created! I think if i had to pick favourites out of my new batch of shadows, they would be Cosmopolitan, Bling, Gold Digger and Sensuous. They are lovely formulas and very pigmented.


Hope you are all having a lovely day :)
Cat




No comments:

Post a Comment