Sunday 4 May 2014

April Favourites

Hey look at me, I'm doing 2 months in a row of favourites! Wow!


I found it easy to pick out this bunch as they are my most reached for items lately, I generally keep my makeup simple but as previously mentioned, I've been lipstick cray so picked out my favourite nude, pink and red. I also included my go to neutral eye look shadows and some base products. Not a lot has been happening with my hair, I'm overdue a salon visit so I've been throwing it all up in buns and the trusty ponytail. I also have included two skincare samples and a soy melt scent. Where to begin? 

Intense Hydrating Creme and White Clay Mask 15ml samples.

Earlier in the month I received some samples from Cactus Skincare an Australian brand. I had heard their White Clay Mask was a great alternative to Glamglow which I am currently running out. I don't want to splurge on Glamglow again, while it is a fantastic product I can not justify the cost for such a small amount of product. 
Cactus Skincare White Clay Mask was an interesting alternative, I was able to get 3 full face masks out of the sample. It applies smoothly and rinces a lot easier then the Glamglow. Once on though.... oh my, it actually hurts! It's only until it dries but it was really concerning the first time. I thought I was reacting but it says it is suitable for sensitive skin, so I dealt with it and I'm glad I did. It dries to the normal stiff clay, it never flaked on me, just turned super white. Once I rinsed it off it left lovely smooth and clear skin. No sensitivity or redness. My skin felt refreshed but not stripped. I would consider a full size. It was definitely my favourite mask of the month. 70g is AUD$59.95. 
Cactus Skincare Intense Hydrating Creme - night cream was another favourite out of the 4 samples I tried. It smells like lemons and was very nourishing. I have had problems with night creams lately, a lot are too heavy and break me out, this one was light but did what I need a night cream to do. I'd also consider buying a full size. 60g is AUD$69.95.

I say consider as these are pricey in my opinion. They do offer a bundle price at AUD$159.95 but the cleanser and day cream didn't really do much for me. I think if your interested in trying this skincare range to try their sample service which is AUD$5. Its free delivery and they give 4 samples like in the picture above. 

Honey & Spice And All Things Nice Soy Melt from Candlecrush.

Candle Crush Honey & Spice And All Things Nice Soy Melt was my favourite scent of the month. It's a warm scent that is perfect for Autumn. The melts last up to 8 hours. You can see my haul/review here. Or you can purchase here. I see they are sold out of a lot of stock. So popular!! Shows they're good huh ;)

Hask Argan Oil

Hask Argan Oil I love this stuff, super affordable (under $6!) and the little tube lasts ages. I apply to my hair after towel drying, mainly to the ends, any excess I take higher. It is just as great as Morrocan Oil (doesn't smell as delish, more of a citrus scent). I've been repurchasing this for a while. The only place I know where to purchase is at Farmers.

bareMinerals Original Foundation in Fairly Medium

bareMinerals Original Foundation this is a fantastic mineral foundation! I have dry to normal skin and have always steered clear of powder foundation but took the chance on this after reading reviews. I'm so glad I did. It has a light but buildable coverage and doesn't collect on dry patches. It looks smooth and not cakey. I have it in shade fairly medium. I've had this for a while but I purchase it from Feel Unique which is a UK based site. I'm not completely sure they still deliver the bareMinerals brand to New Zealand. I use to love the site but its getting harder and harder to buy their stock as they don't want to deliver so much. It frustrates me so much! 

From left: MAC Prolongwear Concealer NW20, Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer Cool Medium

I have two favourite concealers. One is great for on a budget and the other is pretty self explanatory, everyone raves about it.
MAC Prolongwear Concealer is a great high coverage concealer. I have it in shade NW25 and NW20. NW20 is great for under the eyes and as a general highlight (bridge of nose etc), while NW25 is great on my skin tone for spots as it matches my foundation. It doesn't crease and blends nicely... You've all heard it! I'm a fan. I brought mine direct from MAC US using shipito to deliver it for me. Great service all round! If you want to know more about shipito I may do a post on my experience.
Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer is new on the scene in New Zealand. I was so excited when I heard Countdown were stocking this brand. For years I've been seeing UK bloggers sing this concealer praises. Words like 'holy grail' were flung about. I had to see if the hype was true! Oh my, paths concealer is awesome! I reached for it more then the MAC to be honest! Previously I was all about Rimmel Wake Me Up concealer but it's been shoved aside. I use shade Cool Medium and it's not far off being the same shade as NW20, it looks different in photos but in person I can't detect much difference. This doesn't crease, has medium coverage and blends nicely. Only problem I have is its smell. Smells like chemicals which is a bit scary! So the only place Collection is going to be stocked is in Countdown supermarkets. Yet only select ones! My local is a small town so they miss out. I have to venture to a bigger town to get mine (just an extra excuse to shop more huh). From memory this was priced around $14-15. 

Maybelline Eyestudion Gel Eyeliner and Sigma Eyeliner E05 brush

Maybelline Eyestudio Gel Eyeliner has been my holy grail gel eyeliner for months. It's smooth and pigmented, and it applies like a dream, especially when used with the Sigma Eyeliner E05 Brush. I find this gel stays put and just makes life easier! I will repurchase as I have hunted for a liner like this for so long. I'm over wasting my money on products that don't work for me! This does so I love it! I brought my gel eyeliner from Feel Unique but is available in NZ wherever Maybelline is stocked. I brought my Sigma brush direct from Sigma. It is fantastic and beats any other I have tried (although their small angle E65 brush is just as good too)

Pans from left: Shimma Shimma, Corrupt and Taupe Notch.

My three go to shadows from Makeup Geek were Shimma Shimma (light metallic champagne), Taupe Notch (buttery taupe) and Corrupt (black matte). I recently changed Shimma Shimma for Bling but this shade is still a favourite. I love to use Taupe Notch on the outter half of my lid, Shimma Shimma on the inner half and Corrupt pressed closely into the lash line. I run either Taupe Notch and Corrupt into the lower lashes and sometimes will blend another shade into the crease (Latte is my crease colour favourite) but it all depends on my time and look I want. More often then not I want simplicity. 

Poor example but these were taken with Bling, Taupe Notch, Corrupt.

Not best photos but I try my best ;)

MAC Sheen Supreme Lipstick in Impressive

My favourite nude was by far MAC Sheen Supreme in Impressive. It's a lovely formula, not exactly long lasting but it feels great on your lips and even hydrates them too. Great on a busy day! While I don't know if I'd buy another SheenSupreme as they're a bit pricey for what seems a coloured balm I really do enjoy this one. 

Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm in Standout.

My favourite red was Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm in Standout. This lasts on my lips for so long, it survived A meal of butter chicken and drinks and I still needed a lip scrub to remove. That's my kind of red! I don't want to be paranoid my colour is all over the place! I brought mine from Farmers.

Standout (rather shoddy application)

While being a matte colour it isn't drying and doesn't sit in any lines of your lips. Read my review!

Top: Chi Chi Lipliner in Bimbo, below: MAC Girl About Town lipstick.

This is a 2 in 1 deal. MAC Girl About Town and Chi Chi Lipliner in Bimbo are in my opinion a match made in heaven, the liner is super long lasting and the colour is very suited to MAC Girl About Town being a fuchsia pink. While Girl About Town is ok to wear alone I get a little paranoid being a bright colour. 

MAC Girl About Town (on its own)
I highly recommend both products, Girl About Town is super pigmented, one swipe is all I used in above photo. While the lipliner is creamy, pigmented and long lasting... And affordable. I brought my MAC products direct and the Chi Chi liner direct or from Farmers.

Sleek Rose Gold blush.

And finally! Sleek Blush in Rosegold. This is a beautifully pigmented blush that works as a highlighter as well, without chunky glitter. You don't realise until applied how beautiful it is, when the light catches it it transforms. If you love Benefit Coralista you will probably love this! I buy all my Sleek products direct, cheap worldwide delivery. Such an affordable brand! I have a first impression haul here of my very first order.

Well that is a ridiculous amount of favourites! It's been a big make up month for me though so it was hard to pick.

I hope you are all having a great day :)
Cat























No comments:

Post a Comment